”A Healthy Community with its full participation”
IPASC aims at being a centre of expertise and reference in Community Health for the improvement of health in Africa through a holistic approach.
To work with communities for the improvement in their health and well-being. In order to achieve this mission, IPASC has the following objectives:
- To train Government, voluntary agency and faith-based health professionals
- To search the causes and factors which contribute to poor health in the area
- To develop a consultancy service accessible to other programmes
- To develop specialised services, which will favour health promotion processes within communities
THE VALUE OF IPASC
Within the parameter of the Mission of IPASC, activities maintain equity, justice and research of the common good following the example of Jesus Christ. (Luke 4:18-19; cf. Micah 6:8). Through equity, IPASC aims at participating in the reduction of disparity in health and access to health care. Through justice, it advocates and works for those who are marginalised. Through research of the common good, it aims to contribute to the attainment of a state of optimal health and well-being within groups and communities.
Responsibilities integrity, respect and discipline are values on which the Institution focuses to achieve its mission and to establish its relationships with its beneficiaries and partners. These values are reflected in the choices, behaviour, attitudes, and the qualities of the organisation of its personnel.
LOGO OF IPASC
- Africa= panafricanism
- The circle and people= the participation of the community
- Fish= The expression of Christianity in the world of inequity